Friday 1 May 2009

Fly Over - Part 1

Tonight was our EquilARTeral meeting. It was at my house...but I forgot the camera.
Tues was the other recycled CDs workshop...I forgot my camera.
Sigh.


Anyway, today I started on the Fast Friday challenge for this month. The theme is analogous with complementary and using a grid. Not actually my cup of tea, grids. And not actually easy to figure out how to get a dragon in to it. However, I showed the EquilARTeral girls and Jane said it looked like a city from above. And so it will be. The dragon is flying overhead. I don't know why yet, but I may find out when I get to the next step.

I used a technique from a British Stitch magazine article written by Sandra Middleton. I have used variations of the technique I developed for my Migraine quilts and for the bodice of Midnight Dance by Moonlight. It is one of those techniques that looks like you worked very hard, when in reality you haven't done much at all. Just a bit of fusing combined with slicing and dicing.

And to finish off with an even bigger sigh. What with all the college and teaching and preparing lesson plans for courses that didn't run, and starting the Thames Valley CQ group... I have completely forgotten the deadline for signing up for entering the Festival of Quilts.

VERY BIG SIGH.

Oh well, it is a bit of a relief as it means I am not rushing around to sort stuff to enter...even though I was going to enter Endless Possibilities. So, perhaps I will look for somewhere else to enter it. And I can concentrate on finishing the teaching qualification and then take a few weeks in the summer just to make art...or something like that.

Sigh.

No comments: