Saturday 2 May 2009

Featured Blog

Today's featured blog called And Sew It Goes is written by Terry Grant, who has been blogging for about 3 and a half years. Terry writes about her art, and her life. She often has thoughtful commentary on current trends in the world of quilting art. It is interesting to see through the eye of her camera with her as she goes out and about with family and artist friends.

Terry is also part of the 12 x 12 group. 12 artists from various places round the world make 12 inch square quilts to a specific theme. You can see them if you follow the link. The most recent theme was windows. Keep it bookmarked so you can see the next set of quilts when they are revealed.

What I like about Terry's work is that it is tidy. I am not sure I could do tidy if I tried, but I love the clean use of colour and line in the things Terry has done. Every now and then she breaks out of the box and makes a bird! Very realistic and ... tidy.

However, in the past year or so, there have been tentative steps into embellishing with beads and recently, patina on metal.

Which finally gives me a connection! So here is a photo of my rusty tray that has been used to death for dyeing fabrics. Now that it is a bit warmer outside, I need to get some more rust dyeing started!

No comments: