Sunday, 23 April 2017

The beads are still going on... 16-23 Apr

Week 15 - 2017








Saturday, 22 April 2017

a bit more on the gown

I have been taking photos of processes as I go along, but have had a bad head for a couple days, so didn't get anything posted. (*oh! and then this didn't get posted either!)

Anyway...I tacked the zip in, trying to think where it would be if I wanted the waterfall section to be on the outside so it could line any potential waterfall of the main fabric. (keeping in mind that the outside of the lining draped - right side - would then be the inside.)

oh. well, the waterfall bits are now on the inside. You can tell when it is zipped.

OK. untack zip, untack the centre back fold.

Turn and press fold and pin zip in place.

zip inside

zip outside

good. Next step, begin to drape main fabric.

*I started draping the main fabric yesterday - not a bad head, but still fragile. Today I have been at a conference in London. So, I will tell you more on Monday. and hurrah I didn't have a bad head!

Something on Saturday

Cow - 15

This is the cow from a miniature nativity set I bought at a craft fair.
Only she lives with the other cows the rest of the year, instead of being put away.

Tuesday, 18 April 2017

new gown

I have been developing a new gown. I draped the lining a few weeks ago, but have been getting my head around the rest of it.
Today I got the thread tracing/tacking done for the darts and shaping. About ready to go for it with the main fabric, which is a bit special!

This is sort of a commission, but I am not ready to go into detail yet. However, there may be something dragonish about it!

Oh, and there will be something to hold it does look like it is rather low, doesn't it?

Sunday, 16 April 2017

The beads are still going on... 9-15 Apr

Week 14 - 2017 Happy Easter!








Saturday, 15 April 2017

Something on Saturday

Cow - 14

Easter related! I saw these one year at the V+A shop on sale. A bit dear still, but how could I pass them up.
As we don't really do dippy eggs (soft boiled eggs you did toast soldiers into), I keep these egg shaped stones in them.
I love the expressions and detail!

Friday, 14 April 2017

in the studio

The Thoughtful man has added a bit of height to my work table.
It is a large desk, so with some thick boards, the top of the desk comes up to about waist height for me. I have been really struggling with a variety of pains when I am leaning over doing work.
We will see how it goes and then smarten it up a bit...perhaps. If it works, I might just get on with it, like the drawers beneath!

Wednesday, 12 April 2017

the other bead project - 4

I went to my friend's exhibition today, but forgot the camera. Oh well.
But you can get a glimpse of things if you go to their Facebook page. Creative Xpressions

This is how the marks made of beads have progressed on the dress.
Week 15
While the dummy was at my exhibition at Lady Sew and Sew, I stitched without checking the direction. So, I will need to centre the 'point' at the bottom at some time.
I have come to the end of that type of black bead. So now that March is over, 1/3 of the way through, I have begun to stitch at the back to get some balance in the weight. The front is very heavy at the moment.
I haven't showed the back before. It will be laced, probably by shortening the dress and making ties from that, but I will figure that out when the time come. I wanted more fit options should the dress ever be modelled.

Tuesday, 11 April 2017

70,273 project x's 148-157

More red x's for the 70,273 project.




I have enough, now, for the 50 to commemorate my brother who lived about 25 more years after a rare kidney disease and a subsequent transplant. (on top of those I did in memory of my MIL.)

No, you don't have to do 1 for every year of a life in memory of someone as you commemorate of one of those murdered in the programme at the beginning of the Nazi regime. But I like stitching them when I have moments. And I also like goals. So, that is what I am choosing to do.

Now I am beginning some in honour of another family member.








Monday, 10 April 2017

70,273 project x's 138-147

More red x's for the 70,273 project.











Sunday, 9 April 2017

The beads are still going on... 1-8 Apr

Week 13 - 2017

no.91 - This is a replacement. Since it is just the second month of doing the brown fabric packets, I forgot that I decided to just put beads on top and bottom edges. So, when I started doing no.92, I thought this is a bit clunky looking. Then I remembered I had decided the same thing for February when I developed the design for these.

Anyway. probably of no mind to you, but this is my record.