Thursday, 4 June 2009

workshop preparations

I have been working on workshops still. However, the battery went when I was taking step by step photos. So, as I need to get to bed, you can have a look at one of the experiments from the tie dye I did last week.I had a bit of mixed dyes that were somewhat brown. (Remember, I was using old dyes.) I thought it might be interesting to see how it would turn out if I did tie dye. However, I wasn't impressed with the result. It might have worked if I needed an animal pattern print. but basically, it came out looking a bit like some of my tea dye or rust dyed stuff. So, I really don't need to repeat the look.

But, I thought, what would happen if... I overdyed it. So, this is what it looked like when I overdyed the piece with scarlet. Not too bad. But it went quite pale when it was washed. It might be something to consider when I have mixed fresh dye.

Off to bed.

No comments: