Monday 29 June 2009

at long last

So, I have been doing some diversionary occupations today.

I finished sewing the journal quilts together and sent them off. Rare for me, they don't need to be there til the end of July!

Then because it was too tense to watch Andy Murray's tennis game all through, I decided to cut and adjust my trouser toile while I listened!! I had a trouser block from 2004, and as I am now back to a similar weight, I thought it might not be too hard to work from that. So, this doesn't look like much, but believe me, I have been putting it off for years.

Now to see what sorts of trousers I can make.

Oh...and what I was diverting from? I am meant to be doing paperwork and assignments for my teaching training course which finishes on the 14th July! Okay, I am so chuffed with having a fitting trouser that I will probably accomplish much more when I work on the assignments tomorrow.

By the way, you may have noticed on the side bar that I put the courses I am going to teach in the next term at New Directions. The workshops at the library are there as well.

I am really excited about being asked to teach the City and Guilds Creative Techniques: Fashion 2! City and Guilds have reworked the Creative Studies Programme. This course will be similar to the old "Part 1" or the Certificate. I am looking forward to starting new with the new students embarking on the programme. The course will be on a Monday evening at the West Reading Centre on Wilson Road. If you live in the Thames Valley area and are interested in getting the City and Guilds qualification, do check it out. You can contact New Directions on 0845 842 0012. Or email enquires to info@newdirectionsreading.co.uk

No comments: