Saturday 7 March 2009

Featured Blog

Today's featured blog is studio 78 notes... written by Rayna Gillman. Rayna does wonderful surface design work, and is a popular teacher and author. She recently came out with the book Create Your Own Hand-Printed Cloth, which has had much acclaim. It is on my wish list! She has a website, too.

I love reading about the sorts of things Rayna does to create beautiful cloth. Interestingly enough her fear is the free motion stitching part. Well, I would be afraid to stitch into those pieces, too!


I haven't done much surface design apart from my rust dyed pieces, but here are some experiments I did with flour resist last summer. When the weather gets nicer, I am going to try some more.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Love your fabric piece... and what a good idea... to feature a blog of the 'day', week, or whatever.

I really enjoy your work and your blog/website.
Looking forward to your Feb FFFC piece...
Carole