Monday 16 February 2009

Endless Possibilities

Some of the stitching on the third piece. I think I am going to do hand stitches on these rust dyed parts and machine stitches on the other parts. Somehow I need to get the synthetic organza with gold dots to show more. Perhaps cutting sections away?

How did I make the design decision? I had already been considering the hand/machine combo. However, I am trying to do a baby quilt on the machine using some of the shrink textured fabric I did. This was going well until time for the Cricket again... and as England has remembered how to play again, it took a bit more concentration. (Big Grin) Since I couldn't hear the online commentary when I was using the machine, I decided I better sit and hand stitch!

I don't suppose that sort of thing goes into the design books.

No comments: