Thursday 5 February 2009

Endless Possibilities

I am trying out an idea that has been percolating in my head for some time. I want to explore the concepts of transparent and translucent. In my head it wants to be neutral colours. So, here are some of the long strips of different fabrics I am considering. I have hung them in the patio window in my studio.
(without flash)
Of course the sun has nearly gone down, so it is a bit hard to tell how it will go.
(with the flash)

At the moment it is silk organza, rust dyed silk habotai, the mystery fabric I spoke of yesterday, and some synthetic organza with some metallic dots. I also intend to stitch in "patches" of more silk organza, other rust dyed silks, etc.

The idea is to do a triptych. I am calling it "Endless Possibilities", because I like the idea of hanging the sections in different positions and even turn them around...which is where the transparent translucent hanging in front of a window idea will come into play.

For now, I will leave it up there to consider while I do assignments tomorrow.

No comments: