Tuesday 17 February 2009

Half-term - Inspiration Tuesday

Inspiration Tuesday takes a break today, as I am on half-term break and actually have some work to show!
I mentioned I was making a baby quilt. I used a piece of shrink textured fabric I did for the workshop I had in early December. It was just big enough to work for a pram quilt. It is for one of the ladies who was in the first part of the teaching training course I am on. Her little girl Sophia was born on the day my sister died. To me that is special...I always seem to hear of a new life when someone has passed on. Restores hope again, in a way.

I sandwiched it with cotton batting and cotton fabric. Then I used a butterfly stitch on my machine to spot quilt in the centre of the diamonds. Aqua and Yellow to match the stitching. The fabric binding I made isn't quite the tone of aqua, but close enough.

I also nearly finished one of the panels for Endless Possibilities. Should be finished enough to show tomorrow.

No comments: