Tuesday 17 August 2010

Off on adventures!

Today I am off to the Festival of Quilts! I will be there til Sunday. So, I am writing posts for the blog and scheduling them to be published on the different days I am there.

For the first time this year, I am doing one of the 3-day Masterclasses. This one is with Rayna Gillman. I follow Rayna's work through her blog. In fact, some time ago when I was regularly doing a Featured Blog, hers was one of them.

Rayna has written a book, Create Your Own Hand-printed Cloth, which I have. Very practical explanations. Normally I am very good at learning on my own or from books. But for some reason, surface design is one of those things that I would just like to take sometime to have someone show me. There are some very good UK artists who teach surface design (and I have some of their books, too!) I was already considering treating myself to some sort of class like this for my big birthday, so when I learned Rayna was going to be coming to the UK, I jumped at the chance! From what I have seen about classes she has taught and from what she says on her blog, she sounds like someone who would help you not to feel intimidated.

So I have been collecting the bits and pieces from the class list, hoping it goes in this suitcase, because I can lug it from the car park to the classroom alot easier! There is fabric to go in there, too. As I write this, I still have to make up the printing surface.
Should be fun!

No comments: