Friday 5 October 2012

Indigo

Today I am going on the 'Winter School' with Contemporary Quilt at Great Missenden. I am taking the course by Janice Gunner about doing Shibori with Indigo. I have always wanted to do Indigo, but wanted a bit more hands on/teacher patter about the process of getting the Indigo dye bath going.

I am going to take this bit of cloth which was twisted and dipped in an indigo vat my friend had going one time. I want to get a bit more patterning in the light areas.

Even though it was a lot dearer in price and Great Missenden is not that far from here, I am going to stay there. I realised with evening and morning classes, I was not going to be very good with the getting up early and driving...let alone the coming home late.

Hope to have some fun things to show next week.

No comments: