Monday 15 October 2012

Chasing Backgrounds - woven

I am Chasing Backgrounds again. I thought I would see about weaving the background. I will show a few steps another day.
Here is a variation on a plain weave.
I have fused this and could choose to use it in some way...perhaps with one of the fruit on it?


But what I want to do is get a weave that gives the look of the cubes or tumbling blocks. I saw one somewhere. I have had a few versions
plain weave diagonal

attempt to change it to what I want, but end up with a diagonal version of the first photo.

and at last I think I am getting there.
There is room to weave the 3rd strip through diagonally the other direction.

It is not helped by the fact that one of my fabrics was just the right colour, but being from a bit chopped off a dress I altered for someone, it is shredding all over the place. I am going to have to choose another option for the cube affect.

But that will be tomorrow. I have had a sore throat all day, so off to bed. Probably from going up to London on Friday...as my son says 'It's really bad to travel by tube.' Well, not always. But I guess when you have already gone past overdoing it, it is easier to catch something.

No comments: