Tuesday 5 January 2010

Lilies and Roses with Salt and Pepper

Here is the completed packaging piece for the Fast Friday group. and the package that inspired it.

The dalia became 3 roses, the butter dish upturned to be the bowl for them. The glads decided they wanted to be lilies. The rest is pretty much what I showed the other day.

I often do a zigzag stitch on the edge. This time I went round the first time, but thought it was too even to work with the way I layed out things like the clock and curtain. Iwanted the metallic blue to echo the shiny effect of the packaging. Then I remembered there is an uneven sort of zigzag, so I went round the second time with that. It worked better because it blends into the edge rather than being so much of a visual stop at the edge.

1 comment:

Margaret Cooter said...

What fun! It's the package ... and it's not the package ...