Friday 2 October 2009

Decorator Candles

I must admit, sometimes I get to the end of one day and haven't got time to put up a photo of the days work...especially when it has been full of paperwork. So, I will be honest. I worked out how to change the date on the create post page before it is published. so, this is Friday published on Saturday morning.

Anyhow, now that I have made that confession. Here is the craft we will do in November at Crafts @the Library.

As you can guess, it is quite easy. But sometimes that appeals. I am thinking that it might give the students something quick to make for friends and hard-to-gift people for Christmas. The images are photocopied from an antique German dictionary I rescued from the outside in the rain bookcases at the Castle bookshop in Hay-on-Wye. So, I can't read it and the definitions may be out of date, but it is already having value a second time in its life. Oh, and the image on the short, fat candle is one of a few I got from an old flower arranging book...again from some secondhand bookshop.

I used acrylic wax to adhere the images.

No comments: