Saturday 4 April 2009

Featured Blog

Today's Featured Blog is by Cynthia St Charles. It is called Living and Dyeing under the Big Sky. Cynthia has a great block printing tutorial going on at the moment.

She is also a cover girl! Well, she is featured on the cover of the current Quilting Arts Magazine. The magazine features an article Cynthia wrote about using hardware store supplies for printing fabrics.

I really enjoyed following the process when Cynthia was creating this quilt with chickadees featured in the magazine. They are one of my favourite birds.

Of course, my copy of Quilting Arts arrived this week and I have been so busy with teaching things I haven't even opened the plastic cover til I took the photo for you today! Perhaps I will get a bit of a chance to have a read tomorrow. I want to find out what nuggets of wisdom Cynthia has to say about her work!

If you haven't got the magazine, go have a look at the blog and see what you can discover. If you don't get the magazine, I must say, you are really missing out. Not just on interesting techniques, but on some serious "eye candy", as they say.

No comments: