Monday 26 January 2009

more dragons

I have been working on another dragon today. But, since it isn't at the point where I want to show it yet, I will show you some dragon parts I did some time ago. These are done with machine patterns over net on water soluble fabric. I used the wing pattern for "The Epic Quest of the Last Dragoness".

I made them as part of one of my Preparing Working Designs (PWD) for City and Guilds. At the times the PWDs were topics rather than design principles...(although the design principles were meant to be part of what you learned). This particular topic was Folklore. Which I was sooo excited to turn into a study on dragons. I shall have to take a photo of the book for you sometime.

I recently dug these pieces out of the book so I can use them for samples for the Exploring Decorative Techniques course.

No comments: