Friday 19 April 2013

Map 4 - making a start

I spent some time in the last few days doing the research for Map 4. Today I had a chance to make a bit of a start. I have pasted sections together on the computer and then cropped, rotated and then enlarged the printed map. The roads are what I want to concentrate on, so I have gone over them with a marker. Then I will use the light box to trace the pattern.

What I intend to do is work on this one in a similar way to how I was doing the dragons. I will cut out the shapes from a green fabric with fusible on it (for the wooded mountains of West Virginia). Then I will fuse the pieces to another fabric. I am thinking about yellow, as the original map used yellow for the road system. but I may use black and stitch yellow running stitch onto the roads.

When I get it done, I will relate the story of the connections this area has with my past.

I am going to link these maps to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday. If you have come over from there, I am using the label jq2013, so you should be able to scroll down and see the first 3 in the series which I managed to complete this week.

No comments: