Saturday 6 April 2013

ALAW - week 14 - Something on Saturday


Here is week 14 of the stitched flag letters for A Letter A Week.



And a photo of something amazing from the show at the ExCel centre yesterday.

Linda Rudkin works with natural dyes. Each of these belts were made from fabrics that she died with natural dyes. I am going to try to see if we can get her to come to TVCT! The work on the walls behind are hers as well.

On Monday, I will show some photos of the Journal Quilts on display.

I picked up a few packets of beads (like I really need them!) while I was there. I was looking for dark purple bugle beads, but couldn't find any. I was told by a couple of the bead vendors that they can't find anyone who makes them. But I did find a sunshine yellow bead that will work for something I am doing. I have plenty of 'gold' colour beads, but I wanted more of a golden yellow.

No comments: