Tuesday 18 September 2012

Designer/Maker MA Show - I like this one!

I really liked the work of Marina Milia. Some fascinating ideas along the lines of something I have been wanting to explore. The way some of her jewellery was displayed gave me ideas on how I could take my own ideas further.

Here are some photos of her work in the MA show.


Marina patterns show cities from different periods of their history. She traces maps and city plans and has the resulting web-like patterns laser cut into various plastics, metals, rubbers, fabrics and mixed media.



This one was very impressive.

You can go to the above link and scroll down to see more of the work Marina has done.

If you go to her blog, you can click on the buttons at the lower right to scroll through posts which give a glimpse of the processes Marina followed to come up with the designs.

No comments: