Saturday 26 June 2010

Arts WeekExhibition

More adventures today for Reading Arts Week. I am demonstrating Machine Embroidery again at the New Directions - Caversham centre.
Here are the pieces EquilARTeral has entered. (pity about the notice board!)

Last evening at the reception, I made some really good connections with Jenny Kiehn, a lady who stopped by my "tent" on Wednesday right at the end of the day. I really liked the artwork she had entered into the exhibition.
Jenny's "quilt" piece - made of blocks of ephemera embedded in PVA and stitched together
I am thinking that Jenny might fit in with Thames Valley Contemporary Quilt group, perhaps giving insight to installation work and photography.
Jenny's translucent work - glass, photography, and wax

I should be able to get some other photos of paintings today. The lighting wasn't too great last night. However, I really loved the Garden Pot project!
especially the tree!

No comments: