Friday 19 September 2014

Blouses - done! part 4

Blouse no.4 also has collar stand as a stand collar and sleeves have been shortened. But the main feature of this blouse is the colour blocking using turquoise printed and plain fabrics, basically following the main pattern pieces.
The fabric used is fat quarters from Fairtrade Fabric.

Detail: There is a pleated strip of fabric added to the bottom of the back panel referencing the current peplum look. The sleeves also have horizontal pleats for subtle interest.

no. 4 The front and back pieces of the princess line pattern are a bit longer than the sides due to reaching up to the neck area of the shoulder, so I couldn't get the whole piece cut on a fat quarter. So, I opted to add a bit more colour blocking at the bottom of these pieces.

I had enough scraps from the turquoise dot fabric to cut the front pieces, but not enough to cut the back piece on the fold. So, I decided to have a seam at CB. This meant I could cut a wider piece, so I chose to pleat it in such a way to disguise the seam. I also added one more pleat on either side. So, basically I have added a pleated piece of fabric. But the result is something that alludes to the idea of a peplum without adding too much attention to my backside!

Possibly not the most flattering blouse, but it will be fun to wear on summer days just because!

No comments: