Saturday 23 November 2013

Something on Saturday

Another busy day - TVCT meeting. So, here is a wonderful carpet of cyclamen at RHS Wisley.

They just seemed to draw you closer
and closer.

and then very close.

Cyclamen are one of my favourite flowers. I love the way the petals turn back from a twisted point. It was the first flower my husband bought me when we were 'courting'.
I have some planted in my front garden. I started with about 5 corms and now they cover the whole area under the Mock Orange Blossom tree!
In fact, they have managed to reproduce all the way past these slabs into next door's garden!
Check the lower right corner!

Once I tried to catch the moment of the petals turning back. One moment the petals were still pointed forward. and not more than 5 minutes later, they were all flipped backward! This link takes you to a time lapse video of cyclamen opening.

No comments: