Friday 14 January 2011

Sketchbook sent!

Yesterday, I got my sketchbook, for the Sketchbook Project sent off! It will go to the Brooklyn Art Library.

To start with, it will be travelling across America with other sketchbooks beginning in February. People can check it out to look at (and to read the dragon stories!)
After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.
The books all have a'theme' mine is 'It Must Be...' So of course, that was perfect for 'It Must Be ...Dragons.' It has photos of all my dragon textile art and a few of the dragon sketches I have done. It also has the stories or thoughts that go with each one. There are 80 pages. plus I wrote in the front and back cover.

Here is a photo of the photocopy of the Front and Back Cover. (Well, one day I will get the printer to scan to the computer!) I developed the cover from a Flame Doodle I did.

I used up a fair bit of ink printing off copies of the pages. I think I will put it together as a mock up of the book. I wanted a record of the stories at least, as you don't get it back. Some of the stories have morphed a bit from when I wrote them here. and some have been made up on the spot. So, I wanted to have an accurate record. I hand wrote them in the book, so someday I want to type them up.

I signed up for the online version, too. But I don't know when they will scan and upload the images from the books for a digital version.

I have my own little library card if I ever go there to look at it! However, I will get information from them as well about when and how often people check it out to look at!

No comments: