Saturday 6 December 2008

Christmas Pudding Earrings



It's the start of the Christmas "Occasions".

These are my "Christmas Do" earrings. (costume jewellery) I wear clip earrings as I don't have pierced ears. I quite like small earrings. It is hard to find clip earrings in the first place now days, let alone small ones. A few years ago, my mother found these and sent them to me. What is special about them is that they are meant to be Christmas Puddings. Christmas puds are common here in the UK. When I was in America, Christmas Pudding was only heard of in Dicken's books and similar. So, since we have earrings representing British tradition, but which came from America, it makes them a bit special.

Today I went to a Ladies Christmas Lunch hosted at a church in a town near here. It is the one time a year I get to see some of these ladies, although we used to have more things going on together in the past. Today I got to see old friends and to get to know the daughter-in-law of old friends, whom I had never got to speak to before.

Also I heard a lovely flute solo by the teenage daughter of a friend I knew when she was a teen! I makes me want to get my flute back out and just have a go. I am in no way as good as she is, but my flute has a very lovely tone which I think would be a nice pick me up now and then.

Sometimes you think, "I don't have time for this", but then you go and come away finding you are very encouraged.

No comments: