Friday 22 February 2013

Journal sleeves and tidying

Tomorrow is the much awaited talk and workshop by Jeanne Crockett at the TVOffcuts meeting. I have been sorting through ribbon and lace and odds and ends to bring. Jeanne has brought a lot with her - probably enough all together, but it won't hurt to have more. It means I have sorted through some bags of broken jewellery I have picked up here and there.

I learned a new word...Bibelot. Still need to work on pronounciation, but that is what Jeanne called the little bits and bobs, found objects or what have you. I had heard it before, but this time took the time to look it up.

I picked up Jeanne/Jeannie and her husband from Heathrow yesterday. They came back here for a cuppa so we could work out what we need from here...and just to find out if we were on the same page. Then they went to the hotel. Today they were considering going off to Oxford.


So, besides sorting. I also put sleeves on 4 of my journal quilts from last year. I was asked earlier for a photo of the Blackberries Blue journal from November. It may be used for publicity for the ICHF show in early April at the Excell Centre. But they also found that the Sewing, Embroidery and Stitch show at the NEC will have room for CQ to have a stand after all, so we have been asked to 3 of one of the other journal colours too. They needed more yellow ones, so I am sending the Yellow one with Red strips from June - it was also on the recent CQ@10 book. And I am sending the Lemon journal from July and the Banana journal from August. I hope to get them in the post tomorrow.

I used some failed snowdye fabric (I think the Dylon stuff isn't too happy about working in the cold!) and cut the sleeves. 9in by 8in. Then stitched on the side edges - I did the continuous method one right after the other.

and then folded and stitched a seam. Pressed a little fold in it so they could have a bit of slack so the hanging rod/batten can be slipped in with out distorting the quilt.

and stitched them down.

They are all parcelled up and ready to go if I have a bit of time to go to the Post Offics in the morning.

Why do we put this job off? It didn't take more than an hour for all 4! Maybe because it is boring?

My black and white journals should be doing the rounds of the Grosvenor shows at present. I haven't checked the paper to see just where they are at present. Maybe the show in Scotland this weekend?

No comments: