Saturday 13 March 2010

Featured Blog - Monday Artday

One of the blogs I like to look at regularly is the Monday Artday Blog run by Mike Baker. It has prompts to which illustrators and cartoonists respond. A challenge word or phrase is given each Monday for the members to illustrate and they post their work.

What I like about this is being able to see how artists from a different part of the art world work and think. And because alot of it is cartoon like, it is usually lighthearted. If you get a chance, you should go over and have a look.

I like this idea of working to prompts, not just limitations of a challenge that stretch you like the Fast Friday Blog, but words or themes. You may remember, I took on the admin of the Ideas for Inspiration Blog in January. There have been some pretty cool photos and work posted there in the past couple of months. As it is about ideas for inspiration, it has been a good place for those photos we all seem to take of random things. or about catching the start of an idea which we may or may not get back to sometime in the future.

Here is one of my latest photos which I manipulated and posted to the blog. Another lady then took my photo and manipulated it more! That was interesting!


We are having a new prompts on the 1st and 15th of each month. In the first part of the month, the prompt has to do with a colour and in the last part of the month it is a letter. You are welcome to have a look, and then if you want to join us, you can send me an email.

No comments: