Friday 5 February 2010

Fractured Wings - stitch

I have made a few adjustments to the Fractured wing piece. The dark places on the wing are now not so dark. Also, there is a bit of shadow at the bottom left, made by a layer of sheer green "mystery fabric".
I have also started the quilting. I used a varigated blue/green/yellow to do the pattern on the dragon wing....whilst listening to an audio book of one of the books in the series of the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency. If you have never read the books, or listened to them, you ought to do so. They are detective fiction with a gentle difference. and though set in Botswana, they make me miss my friend in Zimbabwe.

and another thing I did today was to spend a fortune for new glasses. But, I desperately needed new long distance glasses. The place where I go, you can get a second pair free, so I had that one made into sunglasses.
I have never tried varifocals or bifocals, but I am trying a pair of those for teaching. I have to keep chopping and changing from sewing glasses to normal glasses. I can't see the sewing with the one and I can't see the students with the other! For now, I want to keep long distance ones, especially for driving. So, I took in a pair from last time I changed. Being reading glasses, the frames were still good, so I decided to have them put the varifocals in that.

So, all that came to rather alot of money. But, I can't go on as is, so we shall see how it goes.

No comments: