Saturday 6 February 2010

Fractured Wings - Glorious Flight

I have finished the piece for the Fast Friday- challenge no. 41, whose focus was on fracturing and wings. I decided, though to call it "Glorious Flight". It is meant represent a dragon wing and the joys of flying high in the bright sunshine, catching thermals and doing aeronautic twists and turns.


It was a real stretch for me. I am not sure I will ever attempt this style again, but I did learn from it. I think several of the others struggled with this one as well. Here is a link to see what the others have done.

One of the things I decided to do in finishing it off was to leave the blocks and squares that poked out of the edge as is, rather than trim everything up square. I think it works well. Especially with that style.

The size is approximately 19"h x 21"w.

No comments: