Saturday 27 February 2010

Featured Blog

As you know, I do an Inspiration Monday photo each week.
On her blog, Thru Linda's Eyes, Textile Artist Linda McLaughlin has been posting a daily photo since the end of November.

I find them quite inspirational. It is good to see interesting things through someone else's eyes.

This is what Linda says about her photos.
"This blog was inspired by Jane Dunnewold's blog Daily Visuals, and my goal is to post a picture a day. This blog is also dedicated to my Mom who passed away five years ago today (Nov.30). When I received my first camera about fifty years ago, I was reprimanded because I took a whole roll of film of "nothing" and it cost too much to get it developed. Well I'm still taking pictures of nothing, it doesn't cost anything to develop them now and I'm going to share them with you."

And here is one of my own recent photos taken as I was out and about in my neighbourhood.
I am not very good at just posting the photo, though. I have to say something about it!
The above photo is of part of a gorse bush. I was looking for something colourful. The spring is taking too long in coming! The link to gorse says Between the different species, some gorse is almost always in flower, hence the old country phrase: "When gorse is out of blossom, kissing's out of fashion".

Sometimes you can smell the scent of gorse. It is quite amazing really, it smells so much like Cocoa butter suntan lotion that it can make you feel like a summer day even if you are on a windswept, overcast moor!

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Thank you Sandy! I'm glad that my blog is an inspiration to you. I'm really enjoying taking the pictures and it's forcing me to look closer at the world around me.