Monday 19 October 2015

innovative design

I was very busy on the SAQA stand all day at the recent Knitting and Stitching show, so didn't really get out in the corridor that normal punters walk through to get into the show. (exhibitors go in through the back)

But as we were on our way out, most of the lights out, I realised I had nearly missed seeing the work done by the textile/design students at King's Ely. For a while now, there work has been exhibited in that corridor.

So, the spotlights on the gowns were still shining though the rest was dark, and I was trying to get photos before getting tossed out. But still, you can get an idea of the ideas and techniques encouraged for the module. I can guess it was about texture!


It must be great fun to learn in an atmosphere where you can go where your imagination takes you.

Their website states: "King’s Ely’s fashion students frequently achieve among the best GCSE and A Level results in the whole of the UK, with many students going on to study in top fashion colleges."

I wish I had been able to take more time to look at the garments closer!

No comments: