Sunday 5 January 2014

"And the Bead Goes On and on..." 1-4 Jan

I mentioned previously that I intended to carry on with the daily beads this year. So, here we are!

Last year I started with fabric beads on alternate months starting with January. This time I am going to switch round and do the 'other' bead ideas on alternate months starting with January. Just on the 31st of December, I saw another idea for a different shaped fabric bead. So, I am thinking about it for February and subsequent alternate months.

2014 - Week 1 Daily Beads

January is the sort of month that I like to stay indoors. So, a rethink of the beaded curtain ring I started to try in December but hadn't the time. I used seed beads then, and it was going to take far too many and far too much time to complete. So this time I decided to use larger beads. I have quite a good sized bag of these, so I don't have to worry about running out.

These are done in a similar way to the star washers, but a few tweaks and different bead sizes and we have a frilly ring! Fun.
So in the plan for this month I am basically using the same beads all the way around for 4 days, but the little accent beads, which are done on the last pass around, will be a different one each of the 4 days. This should bring me to the end of the month and only one extra to make 32. I may keep this format for other months, but then again I may not!

no.1


no.2


no.3


no.4


The outside frilly part will change every 4 days.

No comments: