Thursday 29 August 2013

York - Map no.6 finished and a brag

Binding sewn down on the York Map.

My Mother-in-Law lives in York. So I have enjoyed 26 years of being able to go and wander the streets. So full of history that you could almost touch the atmosphere.

Someone like me walked here 100 years ago, 200 years ago, 500, 1000 and even 2000 and beyond. Amazing.

Map no.7 should be done by the end of today.

*********
Something to brag about.
Luana Rubin and Bonnie McCaffrey included my 'Cloud Puppy' in one of their videos about the Festival of Quilts! This particular video is looking at unique things happening with Art Quilts. So that is cool! You can listen right from the start, or move along to where mine starts around 2:06. Luana talks about the piece above mine first, but it is worth listening to, because the inspiration for it is also Dragons. If you haven't been following, the 'Cloud Puppy' is my attempt to go large with my series of Dragons and Fire Creatures.

No comments: