Friday 16 August 2013

Epic Quest of the Last Dragoness

Some photos from the Fashion Show at the Festival of Quilts.

I was invited to enter my ensemble ' The Epic Quest of the Last Dragoness' which they proceeded to call the Dragon Coat and The Dragon Gown. oh well.

Difficult to get photos because they moved so fast. But I tried out the 'Burst' on my camera and got some pretty good shots of my gown at least.

I did have the most beautiful girl to model it!

She was meant to take the coat off to show the gown, but I guess they had so many gowns to get through, they only had one chance to twirl.

But she did have it off for the final line up.

This was originally shown at the Bernina Fashion Show in Houston. Nice to give it an airing out of the cupboard!

There were small photos of some of the garments on the front of the catalogue. Both the gown and the coat for mine were on there.

A few other ladies I know - I think all from SAQA actually - also had garments in the show. As did the people from Lady Sew and Sew - the children modelled them.

No comments: