Sunday 4 August 2013

"And the Bead Goes On..." 29 July - 4 Aug

2013 - Week 31 Daily Beads
I carried on with the same small blue bugle bead constant and with doing loops like last week.

no.210


no.211


no.212


The whole group of July beads were in yesterday's post.


August bead project

I thought it was about time to use some of my springs. You might remember the 'Spring Showers Dress'.
So I discovered I had at least 31 of these springs that are:
1. tight - which would hide knots
2. have loops on the end - which means the completed embellished springs could be stitched to something eventually.

So, here is a practice to see how it would work.


Here is the set up with the colours I have decided to use.


and the rest of this week's beads.

no.213


no.214


no.215


no.216


It took me a while to work out the technique, but it basically requires spiralling the thread round the spring rather than trying to stick the needle in and out.

1 comment:

Karen S Musgrave said...

Very cool!