Wednesday, 19 May 2010

overdye results

Results of some of the overdyeing. The piece on the left was actually the green piece. the purple bits had actually been light grey...I used it for the Merdragon, but it was really to faint to use for much. the piece on the right is the scarlet piece. It is still not something I like, but maybe instead of trying more overdyeing, I will save it for the workshop I am taking at FOQ in August. Rayna Gillman suggests you can bring fabrics you are trying to redeem in some way, and we will be doing various surface design treatments to them.

As you can see, the fabrics don't have the spectacular results as the ones on the other blog I linked to. There are quite a few possible reasons for this, not the least of which is that I should really follow the directions at least once before I start adapting! LOL

The blue piece has been stuck back into the remants of dye that was left in the jar. I think I put too much fabric in. I think because it was in the centre of the scrunched fabric, there wasn't much happening to it.

No comments: