Thursday 10 January 2019

I like Thankful Thursday

I like these fingerless gloves. I wear them with my thin leather gloves. It works really well when I take Holly with me to the library and shops. I can still fiddle with the lead when I type her up to go inside. Or try to find a treat in the little bag so I can tell her she is a good girl.

My friend made them for me for Christmas. I wanted to show the bit of sparkle in the wool she used, but you will have to imagine it yourself!

I like how The Thoughtful Man has been picking up on my mumbles. While my back has been so bad, I have been sitting in a chair with the heating pad behind me. Now that I am feeling like I could do some sewing work in my studio, I didn't last very long at all before the pain got bad again. So I think I said something like " I wonder if they have belts with heat that could sit against your back. Perhaps if I had warmth there, it would keep my muscles relax."

And then this arrived in the post. Yes, it is pretty good! and makes you sit properly, as well. And, no, I don't run while I have it on. 😳

I like this little torch thing. Our church gets pens and whatnot to hand out to people at our Christmas carol service. This year the company we order from (who sends us samples a least every month, but seems more often.) sent this little gadget.
It looked like a good idea, so we ordered them. Wow, we have had such comments about the torches*. Every one thinks they are fantastic. There is a magnet on the bottom you see. and  if the battery runs out, you can change it. So, it isn't disposable like a pen is if it runs out.

This is how I am using mine...I got another in my stocking at Christmas. What a help when your eyes are neither here nor there about seeing at the moment.
The bead set up for this week. (I will show what I am doing with them on Sunday.)

This photo is without a torch.

With one torch, especially helpful with the size 15 beads!!

and with 2 torches. Amazing! and especially in the evening or late afternoon when it gets dark early still.

*torch is the British term for the US flashlight.

And now my back needs a change of place. If you want to see more likes, head over to LeeAnna's blog. She is great to do this little community of sharing. I hope to get involved more as I really hope my health will improve so I can do longer bursts of time at the computer. I have tried my phone, but it comes up so small that I struggle to see it, and when I can, it is very stubborn about getting photos and text where you want them. 😒

9 comments:

Jean said...

Finger-less gloves are one of my very favorite things! I can imagine the sparkle in your blue pair, very pretty! Cool flashlight er torch :) Hope you have a great weekend!

Shannon said...

I love your fingerless gloves! A dear friend of mine knitted me a pair a couple years back and I wear them all winter. They really do allow you to keep some dexterity. And I'm so glad the back belt warmer has helped you relax some! I hope your back improves!

LA Paylor said...

looks like a moss stitch on the gloves, and I love the feel of moss stitch. Can't do it, mind you. Love the little torch with magnet. How handy! The little flat storage dishes for beads makes it all so tidy and satisfying. I sure hope your back, and mine gets better so we can do more of what brings us joy. Universe? are you and the angels listening? This is our prayer!
LeeAnna

Roseanne said...

Hi Sandy! Your torch looks like a gem for sure. What a great helper when doing beading!! I just got a flexible light for my sewing area from a friend, and will be enjoying it immensely soon. Just that little bit of extra light really helps. And, that warmth on your back does help a LOT I'll bet. What a keeper to get that for you. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I'm so glad you explained "torch" . I couldn't imagine torching those beads! LOL That belt looks interesting- I keep trying different positions at my sewing machine cause it hurts to sew. Great post-thanks. mary

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great post! I might have to try out that heated belt for my back. So glad you posted that, Thanks!!! Have a great week! Hugs!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

About 13 years ago the Husband and I were about to wander through caves with a group of other tourists in a national park in the SouthWest U.S. This woman, who had some kind of British accent, said, "We need a torch." I immediately imagined fire at the end of a stick and told her. She laughed and told me what a torch was. lol I do like your tiny torch. I know the Husband, who goes gaga over flashlights, certainly would.

PaintedThread said...

Better not let Rob see this, he'll want a bunch of those flashlights himself! (those look great). Those fingerless gloves are pretty.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes. I have fingerless gloves too for the days when I get chilly. Love them! Love the torch it looks awesome.