Saturday 5 January 2019

I like Thankful Thursday

I do really like this, but the past couple months my health has made it very difficult to go round gathering photos of things to post!
So, this is a very late and very short one.

I like yesterday's result- the second cataract surgery. I am doing well. Both eyes seem to match in distance.
When you have worn glasses for 50 years, it feels like your face is naked now that you don't wear them!
I did get into a bit of a panic about not being able to see to read or sew. I tried a few reading aids...a page magnifier and a large magnifying glass from when I did cross stitch. It was very hard to hold it and try to centre the magnifier over the work!

So we went to Poundland. I got 2 of the £1 glasses. I will keep one in my bag for when I am out and need to read labels or something. and the other I meant for my sewing, but they work perched on the top of my head so I can straight away read, sew, work out what the instructions for cooking something says. Phew! This means I don't have to go 4-6 weeks not sewing before I get an eye test.
I will probably need distance correction,as well as reading glasses because I am not seeing as far as I hoped. Unless maybe now they will work together and begin to improve. It is all a bit of try and see.
I will let this eye settle down a bit and then get back to some sewing projects.

Several months ago I discovered I like Halloumi cheese.
We went out for lunch and I ordered this. Yumm! I don't think I have had it before.
The Thoughtful Man chose quiche.

And now we will see if I can get into a better routine for this I like Thursday posts.

1 comment:

irene macwilliam said...

this time last year I was going through exactly what you are experiencing, like you having worn glasses full time since childhood. Have ended up with 2 pairs but feel strange going out with none. Plus point is going out in rain which was a pain with glasses. Downside glasses were a protection from doing my eyes in when gardening on stakes or branches.