Friday 18 January 2019

I like Thankful Thursday - even on Friday!

Here I am late again. I have been making loads of progress though...sorting.
We are having a bit of building work, which involves part of my studio. SO. I have been sorting all those bags that just get dumped behind the table. Shifting things from one cupboard, which is meant to be moved, to wherever else I can get them to go. And of course, I am aching. Well, just such a relief to feel better than I did the past couple months.
The resulting work will be very helpful to me. But I will leave that excitement for the week it happens.

So, onto the things I like.
I also peeled these pumpkins to roast. I figured from Harvest to January was long enough to have them on the side in the kitchen!! I am going to make a pumpkin soup with some, and freeze the rest for future pumpkin soup.
And suddenly, I was amazed at the colour! the striations of colour. I decided this was a like to share.
I do think it glowed more in person though.



My friend Debs gave me an amaryllis for Christmas. How special! I like amaryllis! The ones I had kept from last year decided not to have flowers this year...well, just one. and this one has flowered this week it also has another flower stalk coming.


My husband bought this penguin doorstop before Christmas. But we liked him so much, he lives on the little chair in the front entryway.
So cute to see him when you come through from one place to another!

The Thoughtful Man does the shopping. He has found some gluten free things that are not so great and some that are Very Good! I like these!

I also like their counterpart which is without chocolate, but more of a ring and with a bit of jam in the hole! no photos today.

Right, back to work.
To see more I likes, check out LeeAnna's blog.

2 comments:

PaintedThread said...

What a great little doorstop. He's cute!

LA Paylor said...

we may all need some crimbles here in the states... send cookies... I like that penguin too, and the beading. I can see how you'd be struck with the organic colors on the vege!