Sunday 13 January 2019

Bead on - 24,000 - 1-12

12 days work representing 960 out of 24,000 Indian Christians who were physically attacked last year because of their faith.

The post previous to this one tells the thoughts behind what I am doing for the bead project this year.
10 beads in a stack or hump (like an inchworm) 8 stacks or humps done each day. There are also sequins, but they serve to ground the stack or hump where they meet the fabric.

To start with, I want to show you photos that can give an idea of what that means! Hard to photograph because the colours glow, like I meant them to do!
Day 3

Each day, I am sort of doing a nine-patch. For now, leaving the centre open so that it makes 8 x a day. In the above photo, you see the variations basically making up 3 sets of 8 small squares.



This is 5 sets of 8 small squares. The centre section is made of stacks and the 4 sets around are made up of the humps. (I wish I could think of a better word!)


This is 9 sets of 8 small squares. I want the colours to flow and to represent the colourful people of India.
So, I started another colour pattern to make the next 9 sets of 8 small squares.

Altogether, this is 12 sets of 8 small squares.
I may change things at some point and do a rectangle or other shape rather than a square, just so it is a bit freer.

So, that was a bit complicated. From this point I will show 1 or 2 photos showing the process and result for the week. I will post them on Sunday as before, with a bit of give and take.

I'd love to hear your comment about this idea...if you understood it for starters!
More explanations on Monday.

3 comments:

kathy loomis said...

this is very interesting! so some of the bead worms are sewed down on both ends and others are only sewed on one end? how big is your base fabric? how many days' work will it hold? I will be intrigued by watching this project unfold.

Cda00uk said...

Fascinating colours. One of my favourite memories of India is the stunning colours of women’s saris.

Sandy said...

Hi Thanks Kathy and Celia, Thanks for the comments.
I am hoping I can come up with something that will connect with the stunning colours of India's ladies' saris.

I thought I had taken a photo of the first 2 days so I could show stacks and arches (better word!). I had another look, and I found them. So, will post a bit more detail on Monday.
Sandy