Friday 7 September 2018

Stitch on it - 20

I have revived a project involving stitch. I do want to get on with the daily stitch idea I mentioned a few weeks ago but...

Some time back...well a few years ago, I was taking part in Take a Stitch Tuesday from Sharon Boggon's blog. Taking up the challenge to do something more with a stitch, I was embroidering these stitches onto paper. I had got to number 19 when I stopped. Not sure why by now! But I already had loads of paper squares cut.

So, since it is easier for me to start a new daily project, I will keep the daily stitch with the InStitches Threads for the New Year. And will give my mind a bit of practice by picking these back up. I will aim for 1 a week, but not restrict myself. (If I can't stay away from it. Ha. There are too many other things to do!)

So, starting where I left off.
no. 20 Crossed Buttonhole

I have never done this before. I looked on YouTube. Then I did about 3 of them and got lost. So, I got out one of my embroidery books and figured it out again. It took a while to work out how to get the cross parts to stand up rather than slant.
I used several different colours and types of blue.

The next square is blue with yellow thread. and a stitch I have never managed to do well at. So, we will see!

No comments: