Thursday 27 September 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

Some things I like this week...

I like getting to the drawing stage for the new Ramshackle work.

I sketch it straight onto the fabric. These are the mountain houses. I am working on the cutting now.

I like robins singing. On Sunday, in the pouring rain...this robin singing his little heart out. 😍

Soaking wet. Drenched. But he kept on sitting on the fence singing his cheerful song.

I like that shops are starting to think about food waste. Selling 'wonky veg' rather than tossing them.

Wonky carrots.

The best tool in my kitchen...
honey for my tea
Thanks to a gift from a Certain Young Man some time ago.
It opens jars I can't manage with my hands. Although I do have to go to him or the Thoughtful Man for help sometimes. Why so tight? I understand not wanting things to spoil...but sometimes you just want to open the jar and use the stuff!

Don't forget to go to LeeAnna's blog to see what the others like this week.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I need on of those jar lid tools. I think the wonky veggies look kind of fun!

LA Paylor said...

omgosh I have got to get that jar opener. My little rubber squares are worn down to the nubs. Birdsong... thanks for that Sandy!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! Aww, that little robin singing his heart out. In the pouring rain - now if that isn't looking on the positive side, I don't now what is. I'm looking forward to seeing your mountain houses finished - very cool! ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Wonky carrots. Excellent! Love that little robin. That can opener looks lovely.

Angie said...

I'm with you about stores selling 'less than perfect' fruit and veg. But what I like even more is that they brand it WONKY. LOL!