Thursday 20 September 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

I have been making progress on the prep for my next Ramshackle piece. I like this very much. Why does it take so much effort to get started - destroying the words in my head like; this is not going to work, you will end up doing it wrong, and such.
So, I told myself, no one else is doing this, so when I am doing it, it is right. I need to write that on the wall or something!

I like this for when my body thinks it doesn't want to do the above work.

I like the unusual colours of this acer by the back fence. It is usually more of an over all colour, but the summer was so hot, it has come out a bit more variegated.

Design inspiration!

Holly likes safe places! It has been so windy just lately (you don't really have to send the left over winds here from America!). Holly gets afraid of the sounds of the wind inside. This is because doors bang shut. (sometimes the people can't live with all the doors having a doorstop!) The doors banging was her original fear, but now she has realised the wind causes it. So, she dashes outside if she can. Or follows me around like a lost sheep. Outside is Safe. She loves the smells the wind brings!

But sometimes you need a bunker, so this one has developed over the past couple of years. Originally the plants to the left were growing all the way to the plants on the right. But now it is Safe.
Since yesterday, there is a new one under the elderberry bush...quite deep.

I like finding shapes that look like other things.

I think this puddle on the table in the back garden looks a bit like a poppy head.

And so back to work.
If you want to see some of the other likes, go to LeeAnna's blog and check out the links.

2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

we had a vicious storm yesterday afternoon, the wind suddenly picked up and Milo ran for my legs. If the wind don't get me, my dawg will. He was scared in the storm, horizontal rain and hail pummeling the house.

Poor little Holly having to create little bomb shelters lol! I like that you see shapes in odd places, like the puddle. So cool.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Poor Holly! I love that coloring on your plant! It's lovely!