Thursday 6 September 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

Some things I have to mention that I like this week.

The African Lady I found in a charity shop ages ago.
I just wish I knew which country or people group.

more Jenny Colgan books to read.
I just returned the Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris. Very Special. Warning: you need tissues!

Still thinking about the gallery Ruth Singer had at the Festival of Quilts. 'Criminal Quilts'.
Criminal Quilts is an art and heritage project inspired by photographs and documents relating to women held in Stafford Prison 1877-1916, in partnership with Staffordshire Record Office.

and I really like using my tiny snizzers.

This one lives by the bead station - most of the time.

This one lives by the sewing machine - most of the time.

This one lives by the overlocker - all of the time. I tied this one down so I could always find it.

and these are my precious!

Called Chinese scissors. They fit round your fingers just right. They also are very sharp and pointy.
 open
I bought them at Whitchurch Silk Mill some time back. They are so very good for cutting out the Ramshackle Houses.
Funny how showing them makes you think how long you have had them. Most, except for the ones with the pretty handles, I have had for over 10 years.
I do use big ones, but these all are wonderful for snipping thread and cutting out little bits.

As usual go to LeeAnna's blog to see what others like this week.

7 comments:

LA Paylor said...

snissors... I love scissors! The chinese big finger ones look fab!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I've never seen Chinese scissors before. I'm gonna check out those books too. Great post!

Judy D in WA said...

Thanks for sharing your books. I did not know this author so I jumped online to my library and now have 2 of her audiobooks to listen to. LOVE your scissors!

Suzanne said...

I am always looking for a new read...thanks for sharing. I have some scissors I have used for years.

PaintedThread said...

Those last scissors look comfortable - big handles, little shears.

Angie in SoCal said...

I, too, love scissors. Those curved up scissors come in so handy when I'm quilting. Thanks for sharing.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I never knew the name of the (Chinese) scissors before! Thanks! Interesting likes! Your African woman reminds me of the Mangbetu tribe in Africa. I think that is near or in the Congo. I'll have to look. Have a great day!