Tuesday 18 September 2018

Ramshackle ideas 5

Today I got the under layer cut (which will show through to the top when the houses are done.)
And the wadding cut for each section.
There is one problem...there was not enough of the dotted under layer fabric for all of it! To get past that for today, I cut all the pieces but the 'water' because that is different enough to give some options.

So, I have at least 3 choices...
1 - try to find more of the fabric. I did have a look online, but I think this was £4 a metre stuff and the shop might not have more. Also, the name on the selvage brings up something different altogether. So it would require a visit or phone call.
2 - use something similar, but what I have enough of is either plain or a bit more leaning to 'natural', which kind of dulls things.
3 - use something like a blue printed fabric which will add to the 'water look'.

But for now, I can get a start on one of the other sections while I deliberate.

1 comment:

irene macwilliam said...

could you printed something yourself using punchinello/sequin waste and a shimmer paint of appropriate colour to make up for missing fabric.