Thursday 25 August 2016

Transitioning back to my work

The National Needlework Archive asked for a sample to show for the workshop I am doing called Build a Fabric. So, that is what I have been working on the past couple days. It has made a good transition from alterations back to my own work.

The workshop is in conjunction with the Kazakhstan project, so I decided rather than making more fabric, to see what I could do with the offcuts from my dragon.
I like working with shapes that are left from cutting out. These suggested a city scape.
After some deliberation on positioning, I fused the shapes where I wanted.
Then I realised it was a bit unbalanced, so I added a sun/moon shape.

City Scape
Then zigzag round the edges of the shapes and some simple stitching. And to finish, a satin stitch edge.
I have added a split hanging sleeve in back (to give more options for how they wish to display it). Today it will go out in the post.

Meanwhile, the next project cooking in my brain is just about ready to start. I need to pull out some fabrics and do a couple trial experiments for techniques.

1 comment:

365 Dresses said...

Your city scapes and town scenes make my heart sing!