Tuesday 30 August 2016

gathering possible fabrics

For the new project...maybe

Most of these are African fabrics. The orange one isn't, but I wanted something that would work as a bright spark. The fabrics will be cut in smaller pieces and won't be directly next to one another, so I think this is a good mixture of colours to say what I want to say.

I have been putting cardboard around fabrics or work when I am auditioning fabrics. Why? because quite some time ago I realised I was choosing what was also working with the teal green colour of the cutting mat underneath. Then couldn't see why the resulting piece looked rather dead when I was nearly finished and hung it up to look. So, now with a neutral surround, my eyes aren't influenced by the cutting mat.

Still doing mending/altering while I consider the first steps for this new project.

No comments: