Monday 29 August 2016

Experimenting with a new idea

I have the next project at the front of my mind now. There is one idea I haven't figured out which technique would say what I have in mind. I am thinking of some sort of gaps.

So, whilst looking online for some other technique, I came across some videos of making net - as in survival net for fish or other reasons.
It seemed pretty straight forward, so I thought I would give it a go. I will save you the full step by step thing and just show progress in stages.

So, a string going across* and then the twine tied on to begin the net.
The cardboard standing all around is so you don't see all the clutter you can see the string. The jars have stones to keep them firm and stay in one place as I was using them to stretch the string across between 2 points.**

Knots made at regular intervals - rows 1+2

Then I got the bright idea of containing the string in these big plastic bobbins I got for something.
and then just as I started to do the knotting for the next row, I realised it was not a bright idea after all, so I took them all off again.

More knots made at regular intervals - rows 5+6
and more stones added to the jars to make them heavier.

Even more knots made at regular intervals - rows 9+10

Many more knots made at regular intervals - rows 13+14
hanging on the cupboard because I couldn't bend down that low any more....and then because I tried to raise the jars up,
also because of ** below.


Verdict: Go in the garage and find something that will stay in one place to string between.
Do this again in a nicer string.
This might just be the solution and it doesn't take too long.



*Always stretch between 2 things which will
1- stay in one place
2- not break when they stop staying in one place.

** now I only have one jar.

In the meanwhile, I am mending and taking in dresses that I haven't worn yet because they are already too big.

1 comment:

365 Dresses said...

This might be my favorite post ever! I can totally relate to all of your "lessons" learned. You've made my morning.