Saturday 20 August 2016

Back to the blog

In the meanwhile, I have been 2 days at Festival of Quilts. At the wedding. Getting over the headache which was part of all that and watching Olympics.
Starting on the bridesmaid dress -sister of the 1st wedding dress I did.

Interesting comparison for lacing up the back.

Lacing on the wedding dress from last weekend made of interlined satin.

Lacing on the bridesmaid dress made of chiffon - not interlined.

Yes. Hmm.

So, I adjusted the folds onto the loops for the lower part of the lacing, found out she could still get in and out wit the lace loosened from this above this point
...and then as part of the other adjustments, I tacked the lace to the loops for the last few. Oh, and stitched up the gap below the lacing as it looked like an unfortunate ripped seam when she had it on.
No, I didn't have to, but I was watching Olympics anyway. What the rest will look like will depend on who is lacing it up. But I won't be at that wedding.

More lovely photos of the dress (well, Bride and Groom) from the wedding last week.
front
back
She was beautiful.

No comments: