Friday 27 November 2015

Ladder stitch

Bit by bit I have been adding to the Ladder Stitch bead project.
Yes, the photo is small! I had to stand back to get it all in.

I haven't actually been time keeping, but I did want to see what it was like to do 'yardage' on something. So far, this is nearly 55cm or 22 1/2in. At this point, I am not sure if I want to stop at 1metre (39in) or take it further. I guess I should try to see how much trim I would need for something like the front edge of a garment from neck to hem. Or how far round a straight garment like the recent Lilac and Lace coat.

The pattern I looked at suggested doing an edge along either side - similar to what I do on some of my other things. So, I may do that. I somehow had purchased 3 tubes (over time) of the squarish beads, even though I am not particularly a purple person, so excellent choice for a trial.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

I can see that would create a lovely edge and also give some weight to the way an edge hangs.