Thursday 20 November 2014

A Drop in a Bucket - touring America 2015

From a recent email:
Dear Sandy,
I have the pleasure to inform you that we managed to have Wide Horizons IV to travel in the USA at all 7 AQS shows from January through October 2015.
....

So, I have done a bit of googling to find out what AQS stands for... American Quilter's Society (I did know it was to be in at least 2 of those shows, but didn't know what the initials actually meant.)

I also wanted to find out where these shows are and when they are on. I discovered this list.
Albuquerque, NM ~ Jan 14 – 17
Lancaster, PA ~ March 11 – 14
Paducah, KY ~ April 22 – 25
Syracuse, NY ~ July 29 – Aug. 1
Grand Rapids, MI ~ Aug 12 – 15
Chattanooga, TN ~ Sep 16 – 19
Des Moines, IA ~ Sep 30 – Oct 3

And why does this matter?


After being part of the SAQA Europe and Middle East Wide Horizons IV exhibition at Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, Alsace, France in September, it travelled to Abilmente in Vicenza, Italy.

So, now it is travelling around America.

I really wanted the opportunity to raise awareness of issues for as many people as possible.(Several facts mentioned in my statement at the above link.) So now, not just in Europe, but also in America.

VERY Pleased!

So, if you are planning to attend any of these shows, please let me know! If you live anywhere near the shows...do plan to attend!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

So glad that this piece and its message is getting to do so much travelling